Can It Be Repaired?

Hello people

I recently removed the rosewood fretboard from my guitar to replace the truss rod. unfortunately the outer 2mm on each side of the fretboard split,with the crack going about 2 inches down the fretboard. Is it possible to repair it or should i buy a new fretboard seen as im planning on refretting it anyway. And if it repairable then what kind of glue should i use etc.?

Thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Gamble

If you're planning on re-fretting, it might be easier to buy a new fretboard.

But if you're set on fixing this one, you can open the cracks a little, get some glue in there, then clamp it tight closed and leave it to dry. Only problem is that hammering in frets might cause the cracks to open up again.

you can open the cracks a little, get some glue in there, then clamp it tight closed and leave it to dry. Only problem is that hammering in frets might cause the cracks to open up again.

+1, just keep the glue out of the fret slots.

If you're planning on re-fretting, it might be easier to buy a new fretboard.

But if you're set on fixing this one, you can open the cracks a little, get some glue in there, then clamp it tight closed and leave it to dry. Only problem is that hammering in frets might cause the cracks to open up again.

cheers mate, I think i might get away with redressing the frets. what kind of glue do you suggest i use?

what kind of glue do you suggest i use?

I would suggest cyano. (the thinest type) It will penetrate the crack more easily. With a little light sanding while it is still wet you will get an almost invisible mend.