Floyd Install

Hey all,

I'm installing an OLF Floyd (redundant much?) in a Guitar Fetish Strat body that's HSH routed, but there isn't enough meat forward of the bridge for the posts (see pic). My initial reaction is to A ) use a different bridge, since the mounting holes would be further back (customer really wants a Floyd though); B ) Glue a shim at the back of the pickup route (but I wouldn't be able to match the finish); or C ) Relocate the neck somehow.

Any ideas?

Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with (disregard the "centerline" notes - that's a separate issue):

dansstrat.jpg

Thanks,

-dcr

Absolutely certain it's correct -- 25" from the frontside of the nut. The route will need to be opened up to accomodate the bridge.

Thx

Isn't it supposed to be 25.5" not 25" (is that the scale length your talking about). I take it where you have the bridge is the exact placement for it. It just seems that if you drill where you have marked, the bridge will have to move towards the neck to have the pins that go in the studs actually sit in the knife edges. Edited by The Fiddler

on a floyd guitar with 25.5" scale length you do drill the studs about 25" from the nut (specific floyd models vary so its worth checking your bridge)

You drill for a strat bridge screws/studs at about 25 1/4" from the nut - so the studs on a floyd do end up about 1/4" closer to the nut