Ibanez Universe Questions

I am building a Ibanez Universe. I have all the neccesary materials and dimensions, but there are some things I still need.

1. What is the width of the Universe Neck at the nut and at the other end?

2. Whats the best way to do the lion's claw routing under the Floyd?

3. Is there anything you dont like about the original Universe which I could do better with mine?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel Knapp!

Width of neck at nut - 48mm

width of neck at other end (neck pocket) - 62.5mm

Both the measurements were taken from my UV7BK B)

Theres nothing I dont like about the UV, It is, without doubt the best seven string I have ever played - or I wouldnt have bought one! :D

Thank you very much for taking the measurements. Are they really reliable and did you check them twice? I dont ask because I dont believe you, but I want to make sure that they are correct, because I'll use them for my neck without checking a UV myself. There is onyl one dimension missing for me now:

How wide is the fretboard at the last fret?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel Knapp!

the neck pocket looks actually to be 62mm dead (this is at the end of the neck pocket closed to the nut, if you know what I mean)

width at nut I have just checked up on the ibanez website, and they agree with me B)

Width at the end of the fretboard is 66 mm dead. This was a cool measurement to take - the pickup magnets held the metal ruler in place for me.....god, Im sad :D lol!

"Passion & Warfare" Universe had monkey grip, but as far as the lion's claw goes....

The passion and warfare did have a monkey grip in real life but it was airbrushed out on the front of the album. And no, no production UV has ever had a lions claw route.

It looks to be about 7mm....but it seriously hard to measure cus I cant get at the end of the board from anywhere. Its 5mm at the side, the radius is 430mm and you allready know the width - Im sure theres a mathematician here that could work out the thickness in the middle. I probably could but I really dont have the time.... :D

Thanks Jammy. Unfortunately I do not have enough dimensions yet in order to calculate the height. If the radius is fixed along the length and the sides are 5mm high along the whole length of the neck, then the height in the middle cannot be constant. I guess Ibanez did it the easy way however and simply maked the fingerboard with a constant height in the middle and a constant radius. This results in the sides of the fingerboard to change height about 1-2 mm along the length of the neck, which is nearly invisible. Can you confirm that?