First Build In Ten Years

• 1 year later...

Its taking a long time but I've had some progress on my "Les Paul Copy 1". I decided to put Binding on the guitar after it is finished. Perry said don't do it but I had to, the Maple cap he sold me deserves it. Here are pictures of the progress

Last time I posted it looked like this, a bit plain

The Maple is paper thin in some places and thicker in others

I made a template to go over the Cap

I managed to get the routing done with no disasters

I started at the cutaway using Super Glue

The end result was not perfect but looks a lot better. And I'm glad I did it!

Edited by Crusader

A Holden Ute would be pretty sweet too!

Chris

Something like my sh1tbox "workute" ?

It's funny seeing you overseas guys talking about Aussie cars when us Aussies are busy drewling over American cars. I wish we had Aussie delivered Corvettes instead of them import and convert jobs and then costing something like $250,000 for a brand new ZR6 Corvette.

531554_10200723007345099_1888269037_n.jp

A Holden Ute would be pretty sweet too!

Chris

Something like my sh1tbox "workute" ?

It's funny seeing you overseas guys talking about Aussie cars when us Aussies are busy drewling over American cars. I wish we had Aussie delivered Corvettes instead of them import and convert jobs and then costing something like $250,000 for a brand new ZR6 Corvette.

531554_10200723007345099_1888269037_n.jp

Wanna run... moite?

Had a Magnuson S/C and new engine fitted to the work truck (Monaro) in Feb. $24k, OMG! 120kmph, and it will STILL spin the wheels. Panty shitting stuff.

$3000 for a new clutch since then :(

Just need to work out how to make it tax deductable :)

I'd love a Corvette too. Hired one in Vegas a few years ago. But, Ferrari... come to me my exotic little Italian... and make sweet sweet love to my wallet.

Ooh Corvettes and Ferrari's I would be happy with just a new van!

Well here's a few more pics of the guitar showing the nice little bit of flame which is just the way I like it. Btw photography is another interest of mine but its really hard to take a shot that does the Maple top justice. I think I took about 200 photos and picked the best few. Hope you all like

Green grass seems to be a nice background

LPC1 in the sun

And staying with the tradition of never finishing anything here's the back in need of covers

Another shot to try capture that subtle flame

Wanna run... moite?

Had a Magnuson S/C and new engine fitted to the work truck (Monaro) in Feb. $24k, OMG! 120kmph, and it will STILL spin the wheels. Panty shitting stuff.

$3000 for a new clutch since then :(

Just need to work out how to make it tax deductable :)

I'd love a Corvette too. Hired one in Vegas a few years ago. But, Ferrari... come to me my exotic little Italian... and make sweet sweet love to my wallet.

This ute is stock apart from a couple minor mods the previous owner did. I just picked it up to replace my HQ work ute as the Q needed too much rust repair and I just don't have the time.

Its quite gutless compared to the 57 chev I sold recently. I had lit them up in the chev on the freeway. That's scary power in a car that doesn't turn corners.

I kind of regret buying this ute as now I've had the VY for a while the HQ was a MUCH better work ute.

I've had a couple vettes, great cars not modern ones though, both C3's.