Hello!

A bit of me: I'm from Mexico, 25, and study mechanical engineering. I play lots of metal, but LOVE classical music, and adore classical guitars.

I've been wanting to join this forum to share some stuff with you gusy, and read up on the great threads in here.

Earlier this year I started my First build. And I'll probably be posting the most important parts of the build in this forum (the complete build is in SS org). Before this build, my woodworking background went back to using toothpicks on week old chicken.

Some specs are:

7 string

scale: 26.18"

frets: 22, SS 6100s

construction type: neckthrough, 5pc mahogany/tzalam(walnut like)

Wings: mahogany

top:cocobolo/matching headstock

here's a pic (about 2 weeks old) from before I glued the top (like how it looked like that too).

qd13.jpg

The guitar is almoast done, and I'll be starting my 2nd build pretty soon. I'll make sure to make a thread in this forum and post the entire build story. I ordered everything this week, and all I can show you for now is this pic of the top I bought.

4256.jpg

later!

Man, That is an awesome piece of wood!

Welcome... Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Im just dying to get it and be able to stare at it for a good while. I got it from Oregon wild wood btw, in case you or anyone else is wondering.

http://oregonwildwood.com/Merchant2/mercha...;Store_Code=oww

Que onda amigo! Bienvenido al foro. También soy de México, pero no he podido construir nada. Tal vez podamos platicar un poco...suerte con tu proyecto.

Ah que chula es puebla.

Si algun dia te da por construir una guitarra, mandame un mensaje, y te puedo dar direcciones para conseguir los materiales, pues puede ser dificil encontrarlos. Tambien tengo algunos consejos, pero creo que todo lo que necesitas saber esta en estos foros.

I got it from Oregon wild wood btw

They really do have some gorgeous pieces there at good prices and are great to deal with. My experience is only one side is planed, so you will lose some thickness from smoothing the rough cut side. Even so, they are a great source.

Joe, it looks like you finally get some useful help in finding good wood in your own country.

SR