Another Poorly Planed Project...

Walnut top 1/4" from oregon wild wood. It was flawed, so I got it for $20. Score. White Limba body. Mohogany and maple neck. This was my first angled headstock, so it didn't go that great. This was the second attempt. I've done a bit of polishing on it since (15 coats of tru oil) and it came actually pretty well. Nice and straight. I also added binding for the first time. It was difficult to do in a shop that's 30 degrees. I had to heat it up by the propane heater. I need some practice with it. No breaks, but it could be better. Finish was: Target WB amber shellac (3 coats), scrape the binding... Target WB sanding sealer - two coats. Then, about 10 coats of Target WB lacquer. Great stuff. Notice the 6 in line tuners... I had a set that I bought a while back and never used them. I made a 3x3 guitar and it's all I had. I looked at them on it and I kind of like it, despite the backwards right side tuning.

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

I do the same thing Jessejames. I'm a sucker for shortcuts and "temporary" jigs. This whole guitar was made with half-assed jigs. I'm lucky it came out this well. The finishing is where I always mess up. If I spend time preparing jigs etc... Instead of plowing right into it, I'm sure it would come out better and probably faster too. Who's in a race? I think I am sometimes.