Sg

so way back when; i started cutting up some wood and glued up a neck;

the neck is mahogany with a tapered center of osage orange, the fingerboard; tho it doesnt show in the pics, and for that matter prolly wont show in person when finished; is curly ebony; right off the planer you can see the 'lightning bolts all over it, but i had a fretless i used a piece for, and it looks more like dull spots on the board, when you look closely; ah well...its still ebony :D

i had a one piece 1" mahagony body with a quilted maple cap and lacewood center, kinda using up cool woods i had; i needed to find something around half inch to stick between to bring it up to thickness; and couldnt find anything, and eventually just put it on the shelf;

a recent build i did had a 21" cutoff of wenge, when i saw it just sitting there it triggered my interest, i already had all the hardware and pickups so here we go

013-8.jpg

016-4.jpg

012-10.jpg

014-7.jpg

hey Scott; I will tot he best of my ability give a testimonial to the osage; alot of my judging will come from how its like to work with, cuz im not a guitar player and dont hear certain characteristics well; and yes its a guitar and will have the classic 6 strings; the neck pickup will be practically riding the edge of the fingerboard, and the truss rod has a 1/4" hex nut on it; and i need the clearance for the tool to fit; so quite givin me a hard time :D

this 'tunnel' wont be seen but its the same way i do all my bolt on acesses

002-12.jpg