Tru-oil On Binding

Hitone

Has anyone used an oil finish over a white or light colored binding? I am getting inconstant coverage. Some area are white, while others are more yellowed. The body is stained black and I have been fighting to keep the white clean the whole way. I realize it will probably look amber or yellowed, but it's all over the place. If you have any tips or tricks please help. I will post some photos shortly.

Okay, I just read that you can spray Tru-oil. I did not know this. I was really hoping to get a great hand rubbed finish, but it's not coming out as good as I thought it would. I am going to try to shoot it tonight and see how it looks.

BTW has anyone else noticed that the search on PG doesn't work?

6079302777_abb71e613c_z.jpg

Has anyone used an oil finish over a white or light colored binding? I am getting inconstant coverage. Some area are white, while others are more yellowed. The body is stained black and I have been fighting to keep the white clean the whole way. I realize it will probably look amber or yellowed, but it's all over the place. If you have any tips or tricks please help. I will post some photos shortly.

Let it yellow Rob, it gives it that antique look. :D

Mike