What The Hell Is This!?

hooglebug

this guitar was sprayed a couple of weeks ago along with two others, neither of which shows the same problem. its only when i've been finish sanding with 2000, then polishing with compound that i've come to notice these strange marks. i always spray/polish the same way and have never seen this before. it kind of looks like mould under the finish. it only occurs on the shoulder as seen here, and there are one or two on the tummy cut area as well. anyone know what it is? or what i can do short of refinishing?

SAM_1702.jpg

Is the 2000 grit paper the same brand as the lower grits? What kind of compound are you using? Might there be a risk of silicon contamination? Was there anything different with the surface prep or body materials for the other two guitars?

the 2000 isnt the same brand, but i forgot to use it to start with and hadnt used it on that area yet when i noticed it. the compound is farecla g3 - the same as i have always used. i also use farecla swirl remover. the other two guitars are mahogany and this one is alder, thats the only difference. i sprayed a couple of sealer coats before adding the colour. i did some of the polishing on it yesterday - just concentrating on one part to see how good i could get it before doing it all today and i didnt notice it yesterday. its like its appeared over night

OH ****!!! call the CDC i think thats a rare strain of gaunasyphaherpalies imediatly quarentine yourself and the guitar.

i dont think it has any thing to do with the compound or sand paper looks like some contamination under the finish maybe silicon, oil or even solvents that got traped under a cured top coat. solvents do that when you put too much finish on too fast the lower layers didnt have time to relise there solvents. or could be a nasty case of gaunasyphaherpalies.

i dont think it has any thing to do with the compound or sand paper looks like some contamination under the finish maybe silicon, oil or even solvents that got traped under a cured top coat. solvents do that when you put too much finish on too fast the lower layers didnt have time to relise there solvents.

I agree. Some sort of contamination under the coat. What a pain in the butt.