wtf is wrong with my floyd route??

Elton

It's hard to see but it looks like you are part of the way there. You were going for a recessed mount, right? If so, you will need to extend the rout about 1/32 to 1/16 beyond the posts (toward the neck). That way, the hole bridge can lower down into the guitar. The posts are adjustable so don't worry if you think you are going too far down. Just don't get carried away. I think my lates guitar has the rout about 1/8" but I'd need to check that to be sure. Before you do anything, just trace the shape of the bridge and make sure you are going to be wide enough,... There are routing guides posted here on projectguitar. Let me know if you need help or can't find them.

Guest AlexVDL

Just attach your neck before you're planning on recessing the whole trem. I think a charvel with a floyd route like that would have a big neck angle or a shallower neck pocket. Just like the old ibanez roadstar models, they also had the trem on top of the body, not recessed. But because of that the neck has an angle plus it is set less deep into the body.

So first attacht your neck, then measure out if your bridge has to be lowered or not. If so then you can think of recessing it.

I hope this helps :D