Cottonmouth -A Chambered Electric

I started a heavily chambered build back in November of 2009. The forum crash lost all the posts , but the thing is finally done despite numerous mistakes and multiple shelvings.

I considered scrapping the whole project many many times. Now that its done and strung up, I'm glad I kept on with it.

Here's some history:

0fabc962.jpg

and some specs:

24.75" scale length

22 frets

2 humbuckers, 3 way blade switch, V-V-T knobs, bridge volume is a push/pull for coil tap.

Fender bass frets

0 fret with guide fret

3 per side HS designed as a 4+2 clone.

Bookmatched Cherry back

BM'd flame maple top and fretboard

Neck-through Maple/Teak/Maple

12 degree scarf joint

Gold hardware

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Moar history shots:

2d5f152c.jpg

internet is acting odd. will continue in a bit..........

Wow. That came a long ways. I like the sound hole layout, but I think you need to color the inside edges of the holes. The one shot of the back when it was still bare wood looked especially cool. That neck join gave it an organic alien life form type look.

SR

Thanks fella's. This was one of my first builds, but it took a lot of correcting to see it to where it is now.

Still needs : a TR cover ,my logo re-burned and some black paint in the sound-holes.

here's some more shots:

c9964ec6.jpg

You can see the cherry "binding" I used as one of the saves . I fudged up the fretboard and had to recover.

67366206.jpg

Here she is under a flash instead of sunlight.

5907247f.jpg

Playin' with shadows.......

892fed2b.jpg

and thats that.

It has a different tone than my solid-body guitars and I learned a LOT from this build so ugly or not - I still dig it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch Muzz. I was going to leave it plain /just clear ,but in testing, I liked the blue. It's a rattle can color meant to be applied over silver for an anodized look. It's translucent enough to let the grain show through . All the layers of wood called for a black edge/burst but...

I 'blue' the burst though.... had to sand back some overspray. :blush