wood cost

i'm trying to pre-plan a project, which will be my first full, hence need to know everything before i start........

ok, how much would the woods to build a neckthru (5 piece - maple/wenge/maple/wenge/maple) dimensions of which would need to be 1000mm x 70mm x 45mm and how much would maple body wings cost?

i wont be looking for birdeye or quilted, i just want some decent wood with good tonal qualities.......

thanks,

Roman

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

You can easily do it for $70 or less. Most likely less. See if there is a windsor (or similar) outlet near you. Exotic wood retailers locally are cheaper than online, and there's no shipping.

i came up to around $700 inc shipping.... (but i'll see if i can get a better price, esp from guys here on PG).

its for a 7 string guitar (but on a few things i'm buying 2 or 3 sets so can be used for future work);

capacitors, pots, shielding tape, wires, knobs, mounting rings, 7 string FR, jack, jack plate, screws of all sorts, 2 sets of strap locks, switch, tuners, 2 ebony fingerboards (pre slotted), truss rod, adjusting nut for truss rod, glues, side dot inlays, dimarzio pickups (H-S-H)........ and i came to about 700 with warmoth and some US based dimarzio dealer..... i hope this is me overestimating, what do you think? what should i be paying? and any PG members that are dealer that could give me some better prices?

:D

Roman

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Anything more than $7 a BF for wenge is a rip off. Figure around $1.50 for maple, and $8.95 BF for mahogany. I'd like to suggest alder for a body wood, and maybe purpleheart or some other hard exotic that isnt hellaciously expensive.

do you think i should use alder for body? i just thought the properties of maple are what i'm looking for.....

but does $700 sound reasonable? that does not include actual body wood....

you know its ridiculous, 3 dimarzios (2 H, 1 SC) cost $190 in US through a DiMarzio dealer and the same pickups through a UK DM dealer in UK cost £205 ????? (thats around $300). how???? i hate how everything costs so much in UK, so i'm thinking i'm gonna have to pay more for the wood too.

its totally ridiculous, i have to have everything shipped from UK, and still, with shipping and taxes its cheaper than if i bought it over here.....

:D

Roman

yeh thanks, i'll post up before i'll be buying parts to see if anyone can sell me stuff at a better price.......

i'd much rather buy it from someone here than from warmoth, so yeah....

anyone else is a dealer on these forums that i should be aware of?

thanks,

Roman