Build 3 : Pgm Hardtail Esque

bob123

What happened? Your last pic of the back looked very nice.

SR

nothing really, I just know I want this to be a high shine, glossy finish, and black just suits it really. The back is ok, but nothing to gawk at, so its not much of a shame to cover it up.

so basically this project will be assembled, and played out until spring time when I can paint her properly ;)

• 5 months later...

Well, I "refound" this one under my bed, and had forgotten all about it. Since last incarnation, it was kinda beat up, so I had to resand the whole damn thing. Did a better job with the scraped binding, but still an art form I need to master for sure.

One concern, I will probably just make another topic for.... the clear coat caused some bleeding of the black on the bass side horn.... am I just SOL here? Id assume so, the only apparent way to fix this is to sand it back and start all over again. If thats it, then, .... Ill just eat it for now. I wanna play this thing haha.

on the plus side, the color is very very nice, as is the black pearl on the back! I feel the new color suits the flame better as the purple seemed to get washed out over time.

The blue is a litle deeper then this picture suggests.

5yln.jpg

this one is much more close to "color corrrectness" but doesnt show the flame as well lol.

3s9v.jpg

Back. This picture makes some mistakes oh so painfully obvious.... some I didn't even notice in person! -.-

5p7e.jpg

Scraped binding. Looks uneven in the the picture... I think its just the body contours and the camera. It IS tapered as it goes UP though. Going down its pretty even across the whole body.

z9ey.jpg

Edited by bob123