Trees Into Blanks

Okay,well I decided to try out the mesquite

Out of the limb I cut I got one straight section long enough,and out of that I cut 7 fretboards,and out of those only 3 made it through the planer without cracking down the grain...I don't know if they will dry without cracking but I doubt it

14975_510428188997840_1448757975_n.jpg

I don't hold much hope for the mesquite as of right now,but there is so much of it available I am sure I will go for more if these dry right

Soon I need to get everything out of that wood storage area that is not wood and stack this stuff better and in the middle away from the sides.When the weather gets hot those metal sides are going to bake anything close to them and I think that would crack the wood since it would be drying more quickly on that side.

It is good that I am getting close to finishing the elm,because I am getting tired of cutting it.Ready to start going nuts on the mesquite.

Okay..got it all stacked and current

65841_515096008531058_1655915018_n.jpg

I think I have enough elm for about 10 one piece bodies and a few more two piece,and the chinaberry is about the right size for neck through body wings.So far I don't have any cracks in the elm(hope that stays that way),but the chinaberry is splitting here and there

• Like 2