Schaller Floyd Rose Locking TREMOLO

• 2 weeks later...

Without knowing the existing system on your Jackson and as to whether it is compatible with other system's patterning, it is difficult to find immediate answers. I imagine the KV2 will have been through a number of alterations in its lifetime. A Jackson-specific forum might have quicker answers, but we'd have better ones on carrying out any necessary modifications. ;-)

Without knowing the existing system on your Jackson and as to whether it is compatible with other system's patterning, it is difficult to find immediate answers. I imagine the KV2 will have been through a number of alterations in its lifetime. A Jackson-specific forum might have quicker answers, but we'd have better ones on carrying out any necessary modifications. ;-)

mine is a 2006 kv2 25.5" scale

what else is needed ?

Jackson website says it has an "Original Floyd Rose" trem, so the Schaller should drop straight in (they're supposed to ba made to the same specs). I assume this is the one you have?

Check the Schaller website for the dimensional drawings of the trem you're wanting to install and carefully check the provided measurements against your existing KV2 trem to confirm that the unit will fit.

i am wondering if the black blades on the bridge are removable

According to the Schaller website: "When fitting the "Schaller Tremolo" or the "Schaller Low Profile" to your guitar, you can simply pull out the knife edges with a pliers and push the new ones into the insertion slot". The harder thing will be finding new replacement knife inserts to begin with.

Jackson website says it has an "Original Floyd Rose" trem, so the Schaller should drop straight in (they're supposed to ba made to the same specs). I assume this is the one you have?

Check the Schaller website for the dimensional drawings of the trem you're wanting to install and carefully check the provided measurements against your existing KV2 trem to confirm that the unit will fit.

i am wondering if the black blades on the bridge are removable

According to the Schaller website: "When fitting the "Schaller Tremolo" or the "Schaller Low Profile" to your guitar, you can simply pull out the knife edges with a pliers and push the new ones into the insertion slot". The harder thing will be finding new replacement knife inserts to begin with.

FLOYD_ROSE_TREM_NI_Ohne_Lizenz_800.jpg

are these removable ?

i was initially trying to fit an old schaller bridge with rectuangular blades and it wouldn't fit

maybe that was back then and the new models aren't any different :unsure: