Jimi Hendrix fans click here

Otter

Check out this auction of a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face pedal that actually belond to Hendrix. Cool photo of the inside, aswell!

If it won't open normally, add it to your 'favorites' and open it from there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=33009 B)

Got my own reissue Arbiter Fuzz Face in grey. It's the loudest, bassyest and strongest distortion pedal i've ever come across, I love it. :D

It's power and diversity is excellent. You can use it as a mild crunch sort of distortion with the volume full up and the fuzz down, or fuzz up and volume down for a really bassy warm sound. or you can turn them both up full and with a 100 watt amp+ on 4 or 5 it feels like there's an earthquake. :D

anyone else got one?

you gotta love how simple it is inside. a couple transistors, and a few more resistors and capacitors and whadyaknow, your making history :D

It says somewhere on the link page that this is the one pedal Jimi used throughout his career (or somthing like that), but if you read anything to do with Roger Mayer (the bloke who made them for Hendrix) he says that Hendrix had millions of them all slighttly different. You can often see another one on the top of an amp at gigs, and more wha pedals aswell. B)

Wish I had a few spare grand though! :D

:D  B)  :D  It would be sad if a collector bought it and never used it.

Very true. It'll probably go to America and be either in some rich persons attick or in some glass cabinet in a Chicgo Rock Cafe or somthin, I bet it never gets used again. :D

Hendrix would have had it to his specs, and with his brilliant ear for tone its probably is one excellent pedal. :D

It could hardlly be "designed" to Jimi's spec since the reason the faces around then varied so much in sound was due to the huge varience on the transistors. Jimi would have listened toa load of them in order to find ones that he liked tho. almost every guitarist back then did that

It could hardlly be "designed" to Jimi's spec since the reason the faces around then varied so much in sound was due to the huge varience on the transistors. Jimi would have listened toa load of them in order to find ones that he liked tho. almost every guitarist back then did that

If you read any stuff about Roger Mayer, it tells you of how Hendrix would get him to make subtle changes to pedals for different sounds, consiquently there were loads of them all slightly different.

The pedals weren't made to his spec but were altered to his taste, thats definate, and is talked about in most good Hendrix biographies.

Check this schematic out:

http://www.montagar.com/~patj/jhfface.gif

The whole sites very interesting for stomp box schematic fans:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schematics.html :D

If for some reason the links dont open, add them to your 'favorites' and open them from there.

lol fair enough my man ill take ur word for it, tho as far as i knew it, when Fuzz Faces were being shipped by the hundreds guitarists would make deals with music stores to "Interview" them before buying so they could find one they liked