Crack between tremolo stud and pickup cavity

So after further inspection. I noticed that what I thought was a surface scratch, is actually a small, very thin, crack. As you can see in the photo's, its between the bridge pickup cavity and the upper tremolo stud.

How should I go about repairing this? Do you think I'll be okay with just some strong insta-glue? after glueing, I plan on putting epoxy on in the pickup cavity to fix someone's hack job of a routing.

IMG_0318_zpsf58bd7cf.jpg

IMG_0343_zpscd6e6da6.jpg

It doesn't look like it goes very deep from the pic. In fact, I can't see that it goes deeper than the paint. I should think you'd be fine just wicking in some water thin CA.

SR

It's not too deep, but its enough for the upper part of the wood to wiggle a little bit... So I would like to secure it just to be sure. This said, you're right. It doesn't go down very deep into the core of the wood.

So you still think I'd be okay with thin CA?

Never even heard of "chair glue" but after some google time it looks intriguing

"It will soak into the end grain of wood, swell the wood and then freeze the wood in the swollen state as it cures. A film of dry glue lines the wood cells, preventing contraction. The glue can penetrate the narrowest of cracks. "

I can see where this could come in handy.

I've used it for loose fitting pieces in chairs and it worked fine......as intended.

"The glue can penetrate the narrowest of cracks." This is the important part. Since both ends of the crack are going to be seated in epoxy, pretty much any glue that will wick all the way into the crack, fill it and penetrate the wood on both sides of the crack will do.

SR

I'd use chair doctor glue.

Prefer it over other hobby CA?

Definitely. Whenever I have a hairline crack, that's what I use. Definitely more durable joint than CA and much, much easier to clean up.

Awesome. Thanks for the good advice. How long should I let it settle? Multiple coats?

No. One application is enough. Glue is not like paint or clear coats. You only apply glue once.