Knightro Guitars 2016

Well that's difficult to say isn't it? I mean, they seem to filter their published reviews rather than offering them warts and all. A good product should be able to stand of its own accord. I might be wrong on how they manage their outreach, but it does seem a little biased towards artificial hyperbole.

I'd be happy dropping a couple of their Tesla Sharks with gold covers into the Lancaster build I've got on the back burner. Veijo will spin up a nice pickup designed to kick the front end out of a small watt valve for Nina's Tn'T SG though. I'll gift her a modded DSL-5 for christmas. :thumb:

Hey Andrew - get yourself together a proper extension base for the slotting box plus some Bessey or Destaco clamps. Did you catch the followup I did on the mitre box?

My own workshop's a real shit tip right now. I've been painting the guitar rack cabinet so everything shifted across....now way do I have anywhere near as much space for crap as you right now!

IMG_8419.JPG

I actually semi-copied your slotting box setup. Mine is bolted down to an MDF base, and I even glued a magnet on for wrench retention. I've just got to add the toggle clamps and I'll be good to go!

I actually just saw the followup piece on the extension base, and I'm thinking about redoing my base to be more efficient like yours. I'll post pics when it's done.

I know, dammit! I'll get back to work :thumb:

Small update today: Truss rod has been installed and fretboard is currently adhered and curing. 

More interestingly (from a photographic standpoint, at least), I cut a binding channel for the face of the V. 

IMG_20160919_173740_zpssdjxlvwh.jpg

I also spent some time organizing my wood pile and loaded up a rack.

IMG_20160917_195235_zpsxghtujjv.jpg

Also, did a bit of resaw work on some figured tigerwood and my favorite piece of pale moon ebony.

IMG_20160919_185428_zpsmu8eyry9.jpg
IMG_20160919_185331_zpss6nolhov.jpg
IMG_20160919_185340_zpsvulpr9df.jpg

The splattery effect is just too cool, I love that little slice of lumber. 

• Like 2

I added the last bits of binding earlier today, so while the adhesive worked its chemical magic, I decided to test some things out on the maple body I started. 

Hogging out the control cavity before routing. I didn't take pics of the routing process, as my phone was running through the stereo..... you know, priorities. 

IMG_20160923_123458_zpsjotapavr.jpg

So this is a new method for me, I wanted to have a really nice counterbored hole for my flush-mount output jacks. I've moved away from the Electrosockets on the Voyager line, as they're just too bulky for the style and feel I want. 

So, on to the tools! I used a 1/4" bit to make a pilot hole. From there, my counterbores follow that pilot in two stages: 11/16" for the flanged area, followed by 1/2" for the barrel. Everything worked out really nicely, so I think this is what I'll stick with for the time being. 

IMG_20160923_143749_zpslgq9ndmj.jpg
IMG_20160923_143837_zpsggapr5pt.jpg
IMG_20160923_143843_zpsow7rvbso.jpg
IMG_20160923_144311_zpswtaxfklk.jpg
IMG_20160923_144658_zps2jvzm5mv.jpg
IMG_20160923_144709_zps5cg4bb73.jpg
IMG_20160923_144715_zpsgasb3cqi.jpg

And finally, counterboring for the neck screw washers with the same piloting setup and 11/16" bore. 

IMG_20160923_161017_zpsiqua4amg.jpg
IMG_20160923_161121_zpsv2zqyrtt.jpg

I even made a fun little slow motion video. Check it out!

So that was a long way to say "I drilled some holes today, guys", but there it is. Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 1