Neck Angle For Fretless with .125 Hipshot Bridge?

Just curious for those of you who have built a fretless before, what neck angle did you use? I use a hipshot .125 floor bridge on all my guitars and typically have a 0 - 0.5 degree neck angle. Actually the way I do it really is I route the neck pocket out until it is flush with the fingerboard. Just curious on a fretless (Which I am planning on using luminlay in the fret slots) if I would need to raise the fretboard from the neck pocket say 1/8" to compensate for the frets?

Anyone with any experience please, I would love to hear your advice or thoughts. 

Personally, I don't do it mechanically like that because there are so many other variables (I don't tend to do repeat builds), so I tend to calculate the angle for each build.  However, the effect is basically as you say...when I check with a straight edge, it is riding on the fretboard for a fretless and on top of the frets for a fretted so, all other things being equal, I guess a fretless neck will sit a fret's depth higher than the exactly equivalent fretted neck...

• Like 1