Bridge for my RR

I am lookin into a good bridge for the RR i am building, maybe something like the newer Ibanezs, maybe not, whats good bridge for a fair price, canadian?

I am just startin to get some parts together, and i would like to get the bridge so when i start to route i can get it lined up and routed in place, same with pots and pickups.

Also, not to hijack my own thread, but for the neck join, a bolt on neck, how thick should the heel on the neck be? i want it to be flush at the back, and at the end, the body will be around 1 and 1/4 inch thick, or a little less, maybe, i gotta re mesure some stuff, this is just estimating

Thanks

Curtis

I Think if you want an authintic RR feel and sound, go with the fixed bridge. He only used trems on 2 guitars and was mostly a les paul and SG player until he broke with QR. and then he only used trems on about two guitars (Original white with pinstripe Jackson, and the polka dot!)

thats what I am building, orignal white with black pin stripes, how much trouble would it be to get a pic of a tremelo bridge from one of you guys? on or off a guitar, dont matter, wes, why are they alot of trouble??

Curtis

There's more routing to do (usually). If you use a locking nut, then you have to deal with installing that. You can use locking tuners though. I prefer using a floyd bridge but it's all in what you like. Don't let the installation issues hold you back if it's something that you really want to do. I think the bridge installation is pretty easy but the locking nut can be tricky.

damn, the trems are too expensive for me at the moment, i am going to try and phone my uncle to see what he has for guitars at his shop, he may have a really crappy body with fair electronics, or he may know a guy or somethin to get me stuff cheap, but maybe not....

Curtis