SOLD: Ovangkol / Amazique fretboard blanks (UK)

I have three OVANGKOL (AKA AMAZIQUE) FRETBOARD BLANKS available.

1 x Grade AA, lightly figured - £20 inc UK shipping

2 x Grade A, very lightly figured - £17.00 inc UK shipping (each)

All planed both faces, measure 545 x 80 x 7mm.

I've wiped one half of the blanks with spirits to show off finished (oiled) colouring.

Ovangkol (Guibourtia Ehie), aka Amazique or Hyedua, is an African relative of Rosewood, and a wonderful wood which shares many of Rosewood’s tonal properties, including a wide spectrum from lows and highs. Differences include a slightly fuller mid-range and a bright treble response resembling that of Koa.

AA: s-l1600.jpg

A: s-l1600.jpg

PM me if you want to buy. International shipping rates on request. PayPal payments please.

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

These look very nice indeed. I don't need any fingerboards for the moment, otherwise I'd be on them in a snap.

@Norris, @Andyjr1515?

They are nice Ovangkol fboard blanks but not something I'd use myself, so proceeds are covering a lovely Ziricote drop top that I've just received from the States :)

24 minutes ago, Norris said:

Shame they are not long enough for a bass - or at least the bass I want to build :D

Nice wood though

No, definitely not long enough blanks for a bass fboard - and this is all the Ovangkol I have, I'm afraid. Sorry.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, KempGuitars said:

I have three OVANGKOL (AKA AMAZIQUE) FRETBOARD BLANKS available.

1 x Grade AA, lightly figured - £20 inc UK shipping SOLD

2 x Grade A, very lightly figured - £17.00 inc UK shipping (each)

All planed both faces, measure 545 x 80 x 7mm.

I've wiped one half of the blanks with spirits to show off finished (oiled) colouring.

Ovangkol (Guibourtia Ehie), aka Amazique or Hyedua, is an African relative of Rosewood, and a wonderful wood which shares many of Rosewood’s tonal properties, including a wide spectrum from lows and highs. Differences include a slightly fuller mid-range and a bright treble response resembling that of Koa.

AA: s-l1600.jpg

A: s-l1600.jpg

PM me if you want to buy. International shipping rates on request. PayPal payments please.

Grade AA Ovangkol sold.