Braz boards - CNC to vintage spec

So a friend of mine got his hands on a really nice plank of Brazilian rosewood and I have been tasked to take this one board and get as many fret boards as I can out of it.

The board is 75" long, by 5" wide and 3/4" thick.  Looks like I shoould be able to get 16 boards total out of this piece if it is quite straight and flat.  So I figured the best way was to cut it into 4 equal lengths, and cutting the oversized outlines, and jointing and then re-sawing.  Let's see how that works out.

So here is one of the 1/4s of the board. I marked out a nest set of boards and will cut on the band saw.

img_6048-jpg.374247

Here are the nested layout.  Looks pretty good.  I should have enough all around.

img_6047-jpg.374246

I figured I'd joint each side as I will be re-sawing down the middle so the jointed faces will be the under sides of the fret boards.  If I can re-saw them thick enough I might joint the other side depending on visual appeal.

img_6050-jpg.374249

After jointing both sides they were still quite thick.  Shouldn't have a problem re-sawing.

img_6052-jpg.374251

I marked a center line and setup the band saw to, hopefully, cut right in half.

img_6054-jpg.374253

Worked out well and they were more than thick enough.

img_6057-jpg.374256

They look kind of cool book matched.

img_6056-jpg.374255

Throw it through the thickness sander to take them down close to finish thickness.  The CNC machine will thickness them perfectly.

img_6060-jpg.374259

I shot a little video and sped it up about 20X - CLICK HERE FOR CRAZY FAST VIDEO

I've actually now cut 8 boards and might be doing another 8.  These are spectacular boards.  Hopefully I can get some for myself.  ??

brw_1stbatch-jpg.374260

They are actually a nice chocolate brown colour.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by curtisa
Editied formatting as requested

Sorry for the formatting I just cut and pasted from another forum.  Please let me know if this is too annoying and I will delete and redo it.   Is there a way to change the background colour?  I tried changing the font to dark but it keeps the background as dark?

Cheers Peter.

Edited by pshupe