stratoblaster

BMXGUY

i personaly didnt' like the stratoblaster, i went with the lpb1 and moded the saturation control

What excatly is the stratoblaster? I've never heard of it. Surely you don't want to blast your stratocatser. :D Is it some type of preamp, or distortion module?

its a preamp

It's a single JFET preamp, no tonal coloration to speak of - here's what Harmony Central has to say: Alembic Stratoblaster

i saw that too. of course you could always build a zvex SHO or a Mosfet booster, the mosfet is a pure non coloration device. where as the jfet is nearly pure. depends on how well you perceive the tonalitys of harmonics and such. we did a test on the diy forum and over half the people couldnt hear the harmonic distotrion at 1%.

but anyway you could build a SHO or mosfet booster and put it in the guitar.. the current draw is like 4ma so the battery would last for years.

my vote is for the SHO i have used mine for quite a while now. of course it ads a little coloration to my ears but it is completely musical in the fact that it sounds better with every gutiar i put through it.