IMPORTANT QUESTION

weezerboy

ello

i am in the process of working my ass off for my design folder

do any of you lovely wonderful genius' know how much pressure a tremelo bar has to withstand?

ie. how strong does it have to be?

thankies very muchies

this is very very very urgent

:D

the ever grateful dan

B)

thankyou kindly kind sir B)

i will very quickly search my ass off, as i am trying to write critisms of my intitial ideas

btw...my project was a hands free tremolo arm :D

and no, i won;t tell you how its done :D

dandan the slightly happier man

if you are using a floating trem, you could use one of those tension calculators. then i believe that you would have to use some torque equations and know the length of the bar from the fulcrum. I'll try to figure it out and post it if someone else doesn't first, but don't count on a really good answer - i just got an 89 on my physics test (after a curve)

hehe 'tis ok, really i just need a guesstimate that makes sense

not like .."ummmmm two ounces"

i dunno..i just need something that i can write down , as long as its roughly true thats ok

these exam board fools will have no idea anyway :D

oh well if its for a strat trem then i think it could be just about everything since setting it up is you preference - some people use two springs, some use 5, some use the arrow configuration, etc. and since the springs can have more force that the strings then it could be a range of different figures

Nah what he said is exactly true, but I think it's not the answer to your question. Maybe I misunderstood your question in the original thread as well as here, but I thought you wanted to know what force is exerted on the ARM of the vibrato, so that you know how rigid your trem arm must be so that you don't bend it when going wild with the vibrato. In which case I have to say I don't know exactly off the top of my head, BUT:

There is a formula to calculate the tension coefficient of a spring and using the string tension calculated with the other tool and taking that as your reference point, then measuring the stretching of the string compared to its unstretched size, you can do an equation that will tell you how much force (in Newton) you need to stretch the springs by a certain amount (depressing the bar). If that really IS what you need, I'll dig through my essential physics book and look up the formula you need.

so long

ace