Lignum Guitars - Spring Guitar Set

Hello ProjectGuitar!

My name is Gustav, and I am posting on behalf of me and my brother Grgur, who is owner of a youtube channel under the name "lignum" with over 220 000 subscribers. Few months ago, we decided to make our first electric guitar, and it turned out good, we had a plan to make one guitar video for every season of the year, after autumn and winter, we finished our project for spring a few days ago, and I have to say that it came out really beautiful. We started liking this hobby of ours so much that we would like to branch out our business. We gathered considerable level of knowledge on all kind of fields, i am wooden technology engineer and i am playing bass guitar, my brother Grgur is civil engineer, my dear friend Ante who is playing guitar for half of his life is pH.D. student in electrical engineering, and we are giving our best to produce high end products.

Guitars that we made are ready for production, and we are looking to sell them, they came out perfectly, and this are their specs:

Guitars are neck through, made from maple wood with mahogany veneer, 2 stripes of mahogany go from head to bottom of the body, and one sheet of veneer is glued on top of body, and under fretboard, so you can see stripe of it from the side of the neck, fret markers on the side of the neck are also made from mahogany wood, and bird inlays under frets are made with epoxy mixed with mahogany dust, so it matches colour of the wood. Truss rod is hand made in our shop, and we designed our own wheel to turn it!

Guitar:

Dimentions: 648mm/25.5" scale, 24 frets, width 43 at nut and 58 at 24th fret, 

Hardware: All parts are from Schaller: M6 90 machine heads, 3D-6 bridge and S-Locks, pickups are Fishman Fluence Classic HB set, bone nut made from blank

Bass:

Dimentions: 864mm/34" scale, 24 frets, width 38 at nut and 62 at 24th fret, 

Hardware: All parts are from Schaller: M4 90 (Light) machine heads, 3D-4 bridge and S-Locks, pickups are EMG JX Set, bone nut made from blank

Here you can see our full build on our youtube channel: 

And last, but not least, here are few photos, i hope you will like it  😃

rInZBqR.jpg

TaMgQVt.jpg

8n0lovZ.jpg

ZrT5jk6.jpg

SQcPOVd.jpg

neD3SNm.jpg

VWtxTC3.jpg

UyghxTH.jpg

• Like 2

Hot damn, there is so much to like about these. I'm surprised to see some details I drew up on my sketches but didnt knew if they would work. 

One of those details are the "pickup rings" that aren't really rings but just two "rails" on the sides. Love how it looks, definitely going for that as well. 

Where from Croatia are you? Can I stop by your shop and see them in person? :D

• 7 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, Gustav said:

Hello ProjectGuitar!

My name is Gustav, and I am posting on behalf of me and my brother Grgur, who is owner of a youtube channel under the name "lignum" with over 220 000 subscribers. Few months ago, we decided to make our first electric guitar, and it turned out good, we had a plan to make one guitar video for every season of the year, after autumn and winter, we finished our project for spring a few days ago, and I have to say that it came out really beautiful. We started liking this hobby of ours so much that we would like to branch out our business. We gathered considerable level of knowledge on all kind of fields, i am wooden technology engineer and i am playing bass guitar, my brother Grgur is civil engineer, my dear friend Ante who is playing guitar for half of his life is pH.D. student in electrical engineering, and we are giving our best to produce high end products.

Guitars that we made are ready for production, and we are looking to sell them, they came out perfectly, and this are their specs:

Guitars are neck through, made from maple wood with mahogany veneer, 2 stripes of mahogany go from head to bottom of the body, and one sheet of veneer is glued on top of body, and under fretboard, so you can see stripe of it from the side of the neck, fret markers on the side of the neck are also made from mahogany wood, and bird inlays under frets are made with epoxy mixed with mahogany dust, so it matches colour of the wood. Truss rod is hand made in our shop, and we designed our own wheel to turn it!

Guitar:

Dimentions: 648mm/25.5" scale, 24 frets, width 43 at nut and 58 at 24th fret, 

Hardware: All parts are from Schaller: M6 90 machine heads, 3D-6 bridge and S-Locks, pickups are Fishman Fluence Classic HB set, bone nut made from blank

Bass:

Dimentions: 864mm/34" scale, 24 frets, width 38 at nut and 62 at 24th fret, 

Hardware: All parts are from Schaller: M4 90 (Light) machine heads, 3D-4 bridge and S-Locks, pickups are EMG JX Set, bone nut made from blank

Here you can see our full build on our youtube channel: 

And last, but not least, here are few photos, i hope you will like it  😃

rInZBqR.jpg

TaMgQVt.jpg

8n0lovZ.jpg

ZrT5jk6.jpg

SQcPOVd.jpg

neD3SNm.jpg

VWtxTC3.jpg

UyghxTH.jpg

How's going? Do you produce custom guitas? 

This one looks very solid and I think I'd like to purchase a similr one, but slighly different specs and design

You shipping to Canada?