kit guitar project

hey ya'll,

i've been looking for a place to post this, and this looks like the place to do it. :D

i did a guitar project, and wanted to get some feedback on it. i don't know too much about guitars, but wanted to learn. so what better way to do so than to build one? so, my first effort (hopefully, of many more):

inlay

body

whole she-bang

i also did a write-up on it while i was building, for those who might be interested. it's kinda long, but contains more detailed pictures of the build-up. if you have any suggestions, pointers, or corrections on things that i wrote that were flat wrong, i'd be happy to hear them. i'd rather improve than keep sucking.

note: the pics are kinda big.

thanks,

-cm

ADMIN EDIT- Links are broken. Please repair them and we will re-open this thread. Thanks.

snork:

" damn.... well where does that dude live?"

- he's outside our apartment building. we're roommates. :D

GEdwardJones:

" You're probably going to hate hearing this if you haven't hear it before. but that headstock is strikingly similar to the one used by Tyler Guitars"

- and to think, i was going to put that little point near the nut in my design on paper, but didn't think it looked quite right. B) it's kind of a bummer, but the important thing to me was to excercise creativity and practice planning. thanks for the link!

thanks all for the great feedback! gives me hope that i might not be too bad at this stuff afterall. :D time to start thinkin' on another project i think!

thanks again for all the support ya'll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man,

good work on the guitar!

I was particulary interested in the way you painted your guitar. You see i am building my 1st guitar now and soon i will have to paint it. Is five coats of automotive paint necissary? They dont put that many on cars! I mean i have no idea about painting so maybe it is. I am going to go with some sort of autmotive paint too. Just need to choose the colour and work out the method.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...