string height

Hi all new to the sight and starting my first build. It is a BYO 1 piece Swamp ash body and a Mighty Might 22 fret maple neck. I am in the process of bolting up the neck. I removed plastic nut and am replacing with a locking nut for original stlye floyd rose flat mount.. I shaved down where the nut goes but the height is still to high for strings. I don't want to shave any more on the neck and hit the truss rod. I am kind of at a loss on how to bring strings down to a playable level. I have attached photos the nut is not screwed on yet. The floyed rose is all the way down. I did try cardboard as a shim just to test but needs to come up to high. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. 

20201213_172405_(1)[1].jpg

20201213_172356_(1)[1].jpg

20201213_172420_(1)[1].jpg

Floyd Rose make nuts specifically for the truss rod access hole on Strat-style necks. They have a cylindrical groove cast into the underside of the nut to allow a little bit extra clearance underneath so that the nut can be lowered sufficiently without impeding the truss rod. I think they're called 'Bullet Type' or something similar. You could perhaps make your own clearance notch in your nut by filing a channel into the underside of the nut plate with a round file?

The higher action caused by the bridge being much taller can only be corrected by either installing a shim within the neck pocket to raise or tilt the neck forward, or doing a full recessed-route of the bridge.