acoustic versions...

weezerboy

ello

soon i have to begin another piece of coursework for my music tech course (arrangement II)

this involves taking an existing song and changing it completely...it can be any song on general release, and must be no longer than 3minutes in length..

i'm planning on an acoustic version of something , but not sure what..

so, two questions:

1....any ideas for songs that i could do that wouldn't sound crappy as an acoustic song?

2...any general tips for making a reasonably heavy song into an acoustic number

any help would be greatly appreciated....

dan

(btw, so far i'm thinking of an acoustic version of where is my mind by the pixies)

:D

you cant go wrong with theme songs

King of the Hill

Simpsons

Mission Impossible

umm, Free by Powerman 5000 doesnt sound to bad on acoustic, and its very simple to learn, you also cant go wrong with Hotel California by The Eagles, thats just a few i know, i benn havin a brain fart all day!

ello

soon i have to begin another piece of coursework for my music tech course (arrangement II)

this involves taking an existing song and changing it completely...it can be any song on general release, and must be no longer than 3minutes in length..

i'm planning on an acoustic version of something , but not sure what..

so, two questions:

1....any ideas for songs that i could do that wouldn't sound crappy as an acoustic song?

2...any general tips for making a reasonably heavy song into an acoustic number

any help would be greatly appreciated....

dan

(btw, so far i'm thinking of an acoustic version of where is my mind by the pixies)

:D

If you can play it, Green Tinted Sixties Mind would sound awesome. Or some of Elton John's stuff would translate well.

This sort of relates to that drummer thread. When converting to an acoustic version, where drums are now left out, the acoustic guitar should take on some percussion, if you know what I mean ( sound of the pick clicking against the strings works well for this).

Probably too obvious for me to even bother mentioning this.