Progress!

32 minutes ago, henrim said:

Care telling a bit what is in progress? Ain’t gonna click that suspicious looking link.

I did click... That said I'd rather see that video uploaded to the post.

Uploading directly to the post serves two purposes at least: 1) it's "clean", no junk coming from a potentially rogue image server, and 2) the images and videos will remain here for future viewers - there's tons of building threads without images because either image server account has expired or the images have been removed to free some storage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizman62 said:

Uploading directly to the post serves two purposes at least: 1) it's "clean", no junk coming from a potentially rogue image server, and 2) the images and videos will remain here for future viewers - there's tons of building threads without images because either image server account has expired or the images have been removed to free some storage.

Ok, now I'm confident enough to click. Btw. is there any way to change a topic title? I have one thread I'm going update in the not-so-distant-future but the title is bit off and I would like to change it. Or do I just abandon it and start a new one? 

Yes, and the video. Looking good! Please post your future progress in this same thread. Easier to keep track that way. And if there is a way to edit a topic title you may as well consider changing yours to something a bit more descriptive.

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Sorry I can't figure out how to do that.  

1 hour ago, spindlebox said:

Sorry I can't figure out how to do that. 

Alright. Glad you asked... So I did this simple video clip which went to my Google Photos. I downloaded it from there to my Downloads folder. Next thing to do is to follow the advice down there in the message window:

image.png.0f06d59872b3c393332b5513106c55ed.png

Then either open your Downloads folder and Drag or use the Choose Files link to navigate to the video/picture you want to insert to your post. Like this (translation: This Computer\Downloads):

image.png.cfa345872f085ab299a8ab68ca19099e.png

And voilà: It says

image.png.e45d0dcea006e54813cfbf7f144747a7.png

Damn! You can't upload videos! BUT you can convert a video to a .gif. There's several tools for that, starting from free online converters to Photoshop. Or you can upload your video to YouTube, those links seem to work.

Or simply post still photos.

8 hours ago, JGTay said:

The other way of doing it is to upload your videos to a YouTube channel and put the link in the posts.

The issue with YouTube is similar to photo hosting services: What if the user cancels the account?

@spindlebox the second one was better, size matters... But larger also means bigger file size which in turns means slower loading. Thus smaller is better, the larger one is twice the size of the smaller. There are ways to keep the area large and reduce file size. MP4 files are pretty big by nature but if you convert them to .avi the footprint is much smaller. And then convert the .avi file to .gif. I don't know if the video to gif converters have something similar built in, something like "maintain size-reduce file size". There's also separate gif compressors/optimizers that can do the job afterwards, both online and installed programs.