PRS Refin Project

On 1/27/2024 at 3:04 AM, ADFinlayson said:

Something else I found interesting, the Mirka abranet pads are barely touching it

Quite agree.  I love my Mirka and the abranet pad system, but serious removal (wood or hard finish) isn't, in my experience, one of their strengths

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, Andyjr1515 said:

Quite agree.  I love my Mirka and the abranet pad system, but serious removal (wood or hard finish) isn't, in my experience, one of their strengths

I've been using 600 & 1000 grit Abranet pads to dry level sand the cellulose on another build I'm currently finishing and I have to say they are working wonderfully for that, in fact I'm totally sold on those instead of wet sanding. it just seems to be poly that they really don't want to go through. 

Edit: I am not using them on the sander, just hand sanding with the abranet pads

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

I've been using 600 & 1000 grit Abranet pads to dry level sand the cellulose on another build I'm currently finishing and I have to say they are working wonderfully for that, in fact I'm totally sold on those instead of wet sanding. it just seems to be poly that they really don't want to go through. 

Edit: I am not using them on the sander, just hand sanding with the abranet pads

I’m so used to wet sanding that I never got to try Abranet. One of their factories is about one kilometer away from where I live, so I guess I should support local business and try it out 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've used Abranet also for wet sanding, it can hold lots of water and the dust doesn't roll over the surface that much.