Epiphone Les Paul Goth with a floyd rose?

Dan

Wow. Here's something i thought Gibson / Epiphone wouldnt ever do. Well they did release the Voodoo range. But this is over the bar. A LES PAUL with a FLOYD ROSE? Proof : Here It defeats the whole purpose of a Les Paul. Its tone and sustain comes from the stop bar / TOM combo. But then again, ive never played one yet.

Guest AlexVDL

Here's a better pic of the Epiphone. Personally I always wanted a les paul with floyd rose and a thinner body. In the 80's Gibson made a few les paul studio lite's with floyd rose and even custom lite's. But I have never found one for me to buy. If it had a Gibson headstock and better pickups I'd buy one directly :D

Personally I don't think the les paul is only for it's sound, because the looks are also way cool!

Yeah a les paul has that typical sound which you won't get with a floyd rose, but hey... If you like the model and you like floyd tremolos, why not put it on a Les Paul??

It's like a pink ferrari... if you happen to like pink and you always wanted a ferrari... the hell with it, paint it that color or order a custom one (if you got the money of course) B)

In my opinion they could have made all guitars with floyd rose tremolo's... even a Gretsch White Falcon! :D

falcon.jpg

:D

Guest AlexVDL

I don't know if you ever have read the epiphone forum, but there they were asking for floyd rose models for years. So epiphone/gibson just builds the guitars at demand.

I doubt floyd rose models are being standards... there are lots of people who are against tremolo's, so don't worry B)

I doubt floyd rose models are being standards... there are lots of people who are against tremolo's, so don't worry B)

Phew! Im only after reading that so its not 'Gods word'. That falcon looks funny. The floyd rose looks as if its been edited onto the image. Maybe its just me!

thats really looks like a fake photo with an Ibanez Lo-pro added to the epiphone

where is the cavity for the trem to move?

isnt a shame the strings dont seem to connect with the lo-pro

and funniest of all!!...

the trem has no shadow!!-look at the rest of the guitar with the sharp back shadows!

I know you might be kidding but that is the worst fake I have seen for a long time!! :D

Guest AlexVDL

Oh Man!! Do be so serious... it is a 2 minute made fake pic... :D

It was just to tease Dan a bit... I wanted to show how all guitars would look like if floyd roses are being standard!

hehehe B)

• 4 weeks later...

they are probably looking at how many les paul look a likes esp is selling and want part of that market.one thing though,doesn't the sustain come from the set neck and thick mahogany body?also the necks are generally mahogany too which contributes to that les paul sound.(along with the pickups and pickup placement).