Choosing the right bridge...

Hey guys Im new here and have a quick question about choosing a bridge that will fit my custom..i bought this body off of ebay:

06_1_b.JPG

And was wondering if these bridges would work for the 2 point system(on the wilkinson doesnt look like two points?)

http://guitarpartsonline.com/Cart/descript...122967.75.21.38 or

http://guitarpartsonline.com/Cart/descript...122967.75.21.38 :D

Thanks..

Welcome to the forum Nouseforone :D

The links you provided are for trem systems that do not require a recessed cavity such as your body has, I doubt they would work because you'll have problems with the bar that holds the springs being either to short to go through the body once you get the string height adjusted or the strings laying on your fingerboard if the trem is mounted flat to the surface of the body.

What you need for that particular body is a Floyd Rose Floating style tremolo more like this one!

You'll see it will fit down into the cavity of your body much better, but before you purchase it e-mail them to find out the width you need between the trem post's, then measure between the two anchor holes from center to center on your body to see if it will fit properly.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Krazyderek and brian sell floyds. Brian has an aresenal of liscenced ones, dereck has originals. Great prices too. Occasionally Ebay has a good floyd, but it's risky if you dont know what youre doing/getting

Krazyderek and brian sell floyds. Brian has an aresenal of liscenced ones, dereck has originals. Great prices too. Occasionally Ebay has a good floyd, but it's risky if you dont know what youre doing/getting

Yeah, listen to his advice when you buy a floyd off of ebay. People can play tricks with words and get away with it..

I would steer you away from floyd rose off of ebay

Keep in mind that floyd rose is liscened not an Original. an Original is ideal, liscened just means they pay floyd or whoever for the name floyd rose and they can use cheaper parts etc...

some of the liscenced ones are very good...some people like some of them better than the originals...but they are all slightly different sizes so it is inportant to pick the one that will fit in your rout...since you probably don't want to reshape the cavity

Hey guys thanks for all your help.i realized after i posted the difference in cavitys..i wanted to steer away from floyds because of all ive heard and found a schaller floating bridge that is made to replace locking bridges..then i thought about routing the cavity for a floating tremolo...thoughts?

edit: i looked at brians link and like what i see but i down tune alot(drop c)and would having a floyd create problems with downtuning?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I'd still do the floyd. If you want a fixed bridge there's 2 options. First, you can buy a cheap Floyd Rose II or a cheap liscensed version. Doesnt need to be locking. Then just block the trem so it cant move .

\The other option is to follow the trem to hardtail tutorial.

Or sell/trade for a hardtail body.

Keep in mind that floyd rose is liscened not an Original. an Original is ideal, liscened just means they pay floyd or whoever for the name floyd rose and they can use cheaper parts etc...

I have never really thought of the licensed floyds as overpriced or lesser quality. I actually like the Schaller floyds quite a bit. They certainly don't use cheaper parts on their version of it. Which licensed floyds were you not happy with?

BTW, Schaller also manufactures the originals now just to make things even more confusing. The Schaller floyds that I am talking about are the same as the ones that stewmac and warmoth sell.