Project specs..

Helloo.. Here are the details of my first project guitar.. Now, I'm not actually making any of the parts.. I'm buying the parts (mostly from Warmoth..) and then assembling.. I live in Singapore, see, and Singapore's not really a very DIY guitar friendly place.. :D That aside, I was wondering if you guys would be so kind as to have a look at the specs and tell me what you think.. If there's anything glaringly wrong or anything, please mention it.. Thanks!!

Neck: Mahogany with ebony f/b; 13 degree angled head stock; 24-3/4" scale length; 6105 frets; 1-11/16" nut width; bolt on

Body: Mahogany with Maple top

Hardware: Pre-slotted tusq nut (haven't a clue how to slot it myself); Grover locking Rotomatic tuners; TonePros locking bridge & tailpiece

Pickups: Gibson 496R & 500T

I know it kinda looks like a Gibson LP but I'm kinda looking for that sort of sound.. I've already got a Strat (which I love very, very much.. B) ).. Thanks!!

oh come on you know you want a lp with a gold original floyd rose and neon inlays

nah that looks good. mahagony and mahagony with gibson pickups is going to get you that warm LP sound, and even though most LP's neck is angled back, it'll prolly be best just to do a bolt on for your first.

hi..

do you have wood?

i think local area wood is good.

almost tone wood is start by local wood. cheap & easy to get.

and i think Singapore have many wood.. and cheap .. beautiful..

Thanks for the replies.. The neck will be angled back, if I'm not wrong.. At least I'll specify that.. Also, the body'll be pre-routed.. Kinda cheating, but hey, I'll get what I want (I hope)..

I'm not too sure about the wood here in Singapore.. As far as I know, what wood there is here is for construction works.. B) I'll check it out, but I've never done any woodwork before.. That's actually why I'm buying everything.. :D

i'm in malaysia and i know the scenerey here in malaysia. not a lot of shop that sells wood that we, as a guitar builder enthusiath, required. however, i agree with hyunsu. try to look around man, and you might found the right wood for you. even construction wood is graded man.... not all kind of wood can be made into the foundation of a building... right?

thank to krizalid.

i think tone wood select is more important..

but really important is listen wood's uniqe sound.

wood is really uniqe..

i will study this system , try & catch.. ^^

look around & i sure that you would fine some fine wood for your project.... don't worry man, time is on our side in building our sweetheart... you know what i'm saying? if you can't find fine wood for the first time, you can try it for your next project. believe me.... i now have stumbled some wood that i got from construction site, for free as they have a lot and it turns out, it's a somekind of mahogany or something, but definitely hardwood.... efforts... my man... you'll get that tone wood of yours if you put an extra effort for it...

I think starting with premade bits is a great idea to get started. That's what my first kit was all about. It's about getting my feet wet and learning about putting a guitar together.

With each new project, I take on a little bit more. I still have not made my own neck yet, so that's the next step for me. For that first step, back with the kit, it was nice to know that everything was there and it was all going to work pretty well anyway. I just had to do a little work here and there.

Good luck with the project, and post pictures of your progress. We love this stuff and will offer suggestions where we can.