Pots in back of guitar

Biohazard

Hi, I am going to be building in a Z-Vex Fuzz Factory to my guitar, and was thinking of having it like Matt Bellamy from Muse with two knobs in the front and the other three recessed in the back of the cavity cover on the back of the guitar. Does anyone knobw how they recessed the pots and how I would go about doing this. I am very puzzled as to how this would be done, as far is i know, all they do is do something with the original pots the board came with, no preset pots used or anything like that. Any ideas and information would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum I am sorry.

Thanks.

No, but in the back of Matts guitar, there are the other three pots. Not sticking out like the two on the front, but ajustable from the back, and its something to do with turning the pots the other way or somehting like that. I know the link to Manson's but they only sell the circuit board as it is in the casing, not with their Matt modifications. Any ideas?

Ok, I think the three recessed in the back of the guitar, in the cavity cover are trim pots adjustable with a screwdriver. So this leadsme to another question. What effect would it have on the Z-Vex Fuzz Factory if I took of three of the pots it came with, and replaced them with trim pots? What is the difference between all the hundreds of different pots out there? Thanks.

trim pots will limit yoru controls on the fly which is usually the reason of having somehting of this manner in your guitar. hmm why not have the volume on a trim pot in the back and put the other two on the front and use concentric pots. so you can have all four controls on two shafts.

There are lots of posibilities here, however what I am wanting to know is the difference between pots. If I use trim pots to mount one or two or three of the controls in the back of my guitar, what trim pots do I need to use. The pots on the Fuzz are linear I think. If I use a certain trim pot, will the sound produced be different from someone using the original pots that were on the board? Thanks for any help, and thanks ansil for the push/pull pot ideas. But the same question about the trim pot remails for the push pull pot, will different types of pots change the sound from the effect? Thanks for anymore help.

not sure on the lin or log but heres the values..

stab is 5k drive, comp and gate are 10k and vol is 5k

hope that helps

hm thats funny mine uses all alpha pots and stil sounds like the sound clips and thats not what comes with them??? as long as the taper and resistanceis right as well as the tolerance it hsoudl be fine