burnt stained finish on rg550

Hi. I am thinking about doing a burnt stained finish on an ibanez rg550 and was wondering if anyone had any tips on colors that would look good. Is there any such thing as a fluorescent stain. The guitar is going to have a black pickguard, and ill get bobbin toppers to match the color of the stain. I like fluorescence.....but ive never seen fluorescent stain. Also, is there any types of wood that would be damaged by a burnt stain finish(particularly burning). Please help out with any sort of information that pertains to this topic that isnt in the tutorial. Thank you. :D

You can usually pick up a water based Flourescent paint kit in the hobby section of Walmart or an art supply store made for doing poster boards. Those applied lightly would be transluscent enough to let the grain show through. :D

Just put it on like a wash then clear over it to hold it on.

Brian did a most excellent 550 to burnt stained blue conversion on my guitar. the tutorials are on the main site.

A yellow stain wouldn't show well on the basswood bodies of the 550's.

Keep in mind that basswood often has mineral streaks through out so the green/blue color was chosen to hide that.(my guess)

a neon yellow would do wonders.. i did a combo [wasn't burnt though] of a neon yellowish green chaurtreuse i belive it is.. and i added some heavy glow in the dark stuff to it to help bringout the qualitys init.