The last few things....

I am just about ready to order all my parts for my first guitar, but there are just two things I still need to know. First thing is fretwire - I plan on getting stew-mac's Medium/High fretwire, is this good? Or is there something better? And second thing is the fretboard - I want a 15" radius on my fetboard, so I can use Carvin's graphite nut and TOM bridge. My problem is I cannot seem to find a 15" radius sanding block. Does anyone know where I could get one? Or could I just use stew-mac's 14" or 16"? The "Make your own radius sanding block" tutorial looks like a major pain, but if thats what I gotta end up doing...... Any insults, threats, helpful comments, or answers are welcome :D . Thanks.

you'll probably have to make your own radius block unless carvin sells one (call them) cause they use 15" radius quite a bit i think. otherquise you'll have to make your own, or someone on the forum might already have that jig setup and ready to go and could probably make one for you for a couple of bucks...

i use stew mac tall medium wire and like it..

I plan on getting stew-mac's Medium/High fretwire, is this good?

Nobody can decide that for you....it's a personal taste thing....I like my frets to be as thin and high as possible. If you are only concerned about the quality of stewmacs fretwire in general then I can tell you that it's good stuff

Concerning the sanding block:

You could just use a 16" radius block and file the nut slots a little deeper in order to get it to 16". If the Tom is 1" bigger or smaller in radius makes nearly no difference at all....

Thanks guys. I will e-mail Carvin and see what they can do. I liked GM's idea about sanding the nut, so I'll give that a thought. As for the fretwire, I guess the only way to find out what I like is to give it a try (unless someone knows what size PRS uses....?). And of course I had to forget one thing. Gotoh Schaller-Syle tuners, anybody have any experience with these? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't want to buy something that ends up being crap, only to know later on that someone could have told me to get something different.