PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

OK, here's my problam. I have a fairly good PC and a copy of ACID PRO 4.0 installed. I want to record some song ideas, BUT when I plug my Digitech straight into my soundcard (I'ts one of those all in one motherboard type thing) and use the sound recorder function on Acid it comes through extremely distorted.

I've tried adjusting all the levels on both the RP200 and in Acid and it still doesn't work (by the way it's not just the pedal that comes through like this, I've tried miking up my amp and had the same results B) )

Can anybody help me as I'm in fear of loosing the feel of the current songs. I've got the all noted down but as I'm sure you'll apprieciate it's not the same as passing a CD demo to the rest of the band.

PLEASE HELP as last week when I tried again ( I was kidding myself that it would all be fine if I left it for a while :D ) it damn near resulted with my computer going out of the window, put me in a terribe mood thus causing an argument with my wife!!

Where in the soundcard are you plugging in to? Make sure it's into the line-in and NOT the microphone (for use with the digitech.) Have you tried adjusting the levels in the windows mixer (volume controls?) In the "Options" menu, select "Properties" and change "Adjust volume for" to "Recording."

sounds like record volume is up way to high, good call nyjbkim.. also are u sure you're using the proper line out on your pedal? my old boss multi effects pedal has a amp simulator button i have to press when i'm plugging directly into a computer....

Perhaps you're right, I'm starting to doubt wether I've got all this the correct way round now :D .

Do any of you guys use a similar set up for recording and coud you give me some "golden rules" perhaps.

Oh..... and if you belive in guitar karma then I hope anyone who replies to this finds a fantastic new riff or melody :DB):D

Well, nothing too new to add, just an elaboration on what's already been said--

There are different kinds of outputs from different types of equipment. The website only indicates that there is a TRS output, so I imagine you'll have to select a proper mode for recording... it should say in your manual, but it likely won't send the right level if it's just set up for use as an effects pedal into an amp. "Line Level" output is what you want.

There are probably also things that you'll need to tweak within ACID, especially if the program uses a different driver than what your Windows default uses. Normally adjusting your soundcard's input levels from your control panel should be universal, but it won't hurt to check anyhow. My soundcard is a bit more dedicated, but I have it set for -10db gain... as long as your fader is at "7" or so, it should be fine. Then within my recording program, I also set my track's volume/level at "0db". Furthermore, I use a Limiter plugin to keep the levels down.

Since the plugin operates AFTER the signal is already 'in' your computer, it won't have the same effect as a hardware compressor/limiter (ie. if your signal is going into your soundcard distorted, no plugin in the world will save it), but I find it helps keep everything in check just a little bit better.

Anyhow, like I said-- this isn't anything that hasn't been mentioned already, so I dunno how useful that'll be. I just wanted the good karma. :D

Greg.