Question for the pro's

It seems like each time I ask someone I get a different answer on that (the color change). Some people say it turns purple after the fresh cut color (brownish). Others say the opposite. In my experience - it seems like it turns brownish after cutting and then purple after some time. So, it does turn back to a brownish/purple then (as time goes on)?

What color were you hoping for - the bright purple or the brownish/purple?

I got myself some purpleheart cut 3 weeks ago for a neck. It was pretty brown but after after a few days near the windows it started getting bright purple, absolutely beautiful!!

The guy at the lumber yard told tell me that as it gets sun it becomes bright purple, but eventually the color will become less bright and more brownish after some time.

I guess i'll see in due time...

Some people feel that after purpleheart is cut and sanded it needs to be set aside for awhile for the grain to fully re-establish.

But like Dave said it can vary depending on who you talk too.Maybe do a small patch test on some scraps to see what effect you like best.