1st home made guitar

okay, im new to these forums so hello,

basically i've decided that i'll atempt to make my own guitar, based around a jackson rhoads body, i'll be using a 7 string carvin hardrock maple through body neck (with ebony fretboard), i've got my design more or less finished, when i figure out how to post a picture i'll do so, until then you can find my present design at - http://www.funky.co.uk/members/albums/show...user=papa_shank the design is the picture on the far right, i've actually just drawn a new version of it which i feel is better so if anyone can tell me how to post the pictures in my replies then please do so. i'm a noob at all this construction, and i'm not sure what to make the body out of, i'm concidering mahogany but what would be a good match with the maple neck to get me a good tone?

thanks for baring with all that :D and thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum... the design is pretty kool...

r2lwapw3t8.jpg

If u dont wanna go to the site B) and if you want to upload a picture just click on the IMG button under the Font box.... and shove in the URL of the picture (to find that just right click>properties>highlight the Address> copy+paste ... (hope u understood all that)

And for the wood once again it comes down to what you think is a "good Tone"... give us more info on the type of tone you want and we will try and help.

Big Tom

:D

okay, well...tone wise i want the guitar to be for metal and shred, so maybe a bassier tonewood that would go well with the neck?

as for my newest version of that design i can't get on my folks scanner tonight so it'll have to wait until tomorrow after work, also it'll have a fixed bridge, i'm actually curious as to whether or not i could put on a bigsby tailpeice on it, anyone know if i could?

hmm, i've tried a few times but it won't let me, it comes up with - THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed

any ideas what's wrong?

it's pretty much the same just with a slightly different flame near where the neck would be, i'm curious how i will go about putting the two sides of the guitar onto the thru neck, would it be a case of glueing it some how or is there another method?

:S it's still coming up with - Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed

:D

now that i think about it a bigsby wouldn't even fit onto the body, i'm going to make a mdf prototype just to make sure the shape will work and not be a bitch to use, then i'll order in the tonewood, checking the jackson site it says the RR1 has an alder body, so i might make it from alder, as for the bridge, what would be the best bet? i personally don't want a tremolo but what fixed bridge could i use that would be good for different tunings without going out of tune?