16, My 1st Guitar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow really good idea on your body making method..

i think your making is new type of making.. ^^

good..

Here is a Picture Of my guitar from the back, with the new cavity cover i made.

I dunno if it looks great or not, but ye lads will tell me.

the cavity cover isnt finished by any means, but that is bacicly what its gonna look like. its just sitting on top of the guitar.

Cavity%20Cover.JPG

Please post your comments and Bad **** About it.

Well...... that's a lot of white. It might look cool to use clear plexi-glass, as long as you don't plan on shielding, that way you would be able to keep more wood showing as well as give the back a little more interesting look. Just a suggestion, good work BTW.

well actually i was thinking of using it, but when i got home and showed my brothers, thy were like, " youre not gonna put that on are ya?" so thats why i said i'd post it here just to see what people thought of it.

but my self i think ill just use the wood to cover it. much neater job.

Thanks anyways.

That's quite a bit of good work you've got there, dude.. Ok, I've never "built" a guitar from scratch but I've done a fair bit of electronic work and I'd recommend that you do some shielding on that guitar, since you've got those single coil pickups in there.. It'll get rid of the single coil hum..

Again, good work!! B)

Oh, and I'd go with your brothers on the cavity cover.. :D

Oops.. Forgot to ask.. I don't see a slot for a selector switch.. Just out of curiousity, what's your electronics going to be like?

Edited by Stalefish

yeah thanks stalefish, im actually lacquering right now as i speak, well its not Lacquer, its RONSEAL Tough Polyurethane Gloss Varnish. But yeah i have done the selector Switch, and I played the guitar with the electrics in it, and believe you me, It Sounds Really Crisp, and that wasnt even shielded when i was playing it.

Thanks Again "Dude"

Are you Gona Make a Guitar BTW?

...........keith

well lads,

i am now at the stage where i am varnishing the body, i went to the local hardware store here and i picked up: RONSEAL UltraTough HardGlaze Polyurethane Varnish, I Sanded the body down till i was happy with it, then i applyed the 1st coating of varnish, and then the 2nd, and then after the 2nd coat was dryed i sanded all the bumps out of it with Special Sandpaper (180) for Varnish.

Once that was done i applyed the 3rd coating and the 4th and then sanded down again, to get the bumps our of it, so what im gonna do now is apply 3 layers of Varnish and then, sand down with 360, and on the last Coating ill use 600.

here is the guitar dry on its 6th coating waiting for 7th.

VarnishPart1a.JPG

VarnishPart1b.JPG

it looks a bit bumpy there thats because i have to sand down on the 7th coat.

and it also looks alot crapyier in the photo :D

.... keith

thanks, ive near to finished now and im still wondering what shape of Cavity cover i should do for the back of it, the ones i made so far look Crap to be honest.

Would anyone Design me a Cavity cover in Paintshop pro or something, and show me, and i will use the design ya give me,

And i wanna Design a Logo for the guitar. me 2nd name is Sherwood, so something to do with that, and also ya could try and design a logo for me, lol

Thanks...

SantaClaws o<[]:-)

While im waiting for my guitar to be done, i might aswell show ye some pictures of some of a few guitars we have.

There ya's go.

Some%20of%20are%20guitars.JPG

The guitar on the left is a spanish guitar we got in the local market for 2 euro.

The 2nd guitar is a line 6 varix, Very Nice guitar indeed.

The 3rd one is my 12 string accoustic, sounds great

The 4th one is my main guitar i use, its a Jackson JS 30 with the Reverse HeadStock and Floyd Rose Bridge, Best guitar i have i think

the 5th one is a Ovation Guitar, thats my da's, reall nice Chime outa That.

The 6th, its a Fender HMT Custom Guitar, its sorta like a tele, but has 2 pickups, one under the bridge, and one Lace single coil Pickup.

The 7th is a Fender accoustic that i use quite alot. Great Tone.

and theres loads more out in the garage where we practice.

Just thought i'd post em while i am making me guitar.

• 2 weeks later...