6 In-line tilt back

Fender style ckecks don't have any headstock angle. The reason for this to begin with is because it takes a bigger piece of wood (or a lot more work if you do a scarf joint) to make an angled headstock. You should use string retainer trees behind the nut so that the strings approach the nut at the right angle

:D Thanks for the replies, but they didn't really answer my question..... Anyways, I found out Carvin uses a 9 degree angle on their 6 in-lines without string retainers.

Well, as you've probably discovered, it depends on the brand of the neck. Carvin uses a tilt-back, Fender doesn't... I'm not so sure about other brands: you'll have to check individually. B)

No, I mean their 6 in-lines:

KE3_Kelly_md.jpg

To be honest with you, I didn't know they made a sweet-ass 3+3 like the one pictured. I like it! It's the first 3+3 I've seen that still maintains that definitive 'shred' look.

Greg

The Jackson 3+3 is the Soloist, not that many people know it because is from their high end guitars, Not cheap like the Dinkys, I'm not 100% sure but I think they are :D made. I prefer this one rather than the regulars the neck is usualy thru and the reach to the higher frets is awsome. B)

The Jackson 3+3 is the Soloist, not that many people know it because is from their high end guitars, Not cheap like the Dinkys, I'm not 100% sure but I think they are :D made. I prefer this one rather than the regulars the neck is usualy thru and the reach to the higher frets is awsome. B)

Nah.

the 3+3 isn't limited to just soloists or USA made guitars.

The one in the picture is an import (SLSMG).

Its also on the KV-2T (USA KingV)

the AT-1T (USA archtop soloist from mid-late 90s)

and a couple of new ones that I've seen but don't remember.

I first saw it a number of years ago on the AT-1T and fell in love with it. And I saw pictures of it when I was designing my custom neck. The head IS angled, but I really don't think its more than 9 like carvins.

^^ you are right. I wasn't aware that they included it on the imports too. I can't believe they added this headstock to the imports, back in the days(80's) if you were playing a 3+3 Jacson you had money, 'cause they were only available in the USA Series. I just check their site and now they even have a Dinky with that headstock. And the SLSMG is the import copy of the USA SLS.