amp feedback

blackjack

I'm gonna take a guess B).

What amp/speaker configuration does your friend have? I did a quick search for marshall MG50 dfx and it seems to be a 1x12" combo. Do you have your amp on the floor? The feedback is caused by the sound from the speaker(s) looping back through your guitar pickups so if you have your MG50 on the floor, the speaker is that far away from your pickups. If your friend had, for example, a 4x12" half or full stack... much closer to the pickups.

...again, just a guess, could be something entirely unrelated :D

Oh, I forgot to ask... same guitar on both amps? Could be the guitar/pickups? :D

depends on the amount of ambient noise the pups will recieve, as well as the distance from the speakers, like nyjbkim said. i wont get any feedback from my EMGs, some from the stockers in my Schecter, and lots from the shitty stockers in my yamaha $trat. And if i stand right up next to my amp and stick the pickups in front of an active speaker, itll make it louder. also, since you seem to like that sound, and youll figure this out on your own eventually, but moving the guitar back and forth, or closer and further in front of the speaker will change the sound a bit,

enjoy :D

fast feedback inducer with control.. splitt some signal from the preamp to a second amp on a mike stand.. even a little crappy ms2 or little micro fender thing. and add a volume pedal to control it if it starts feedbacking then the other one will too..