Color codes for guitars?

Just a thought.....

Has anyone heard of / seen a color code chart for guitar colors? Kind of like how the auto industry has done w/ touch-up paint for cars. It probably doesn't exist.... but would be nice .... Anyt thought's ?

I guess if you are "spot finishing" ya need to just try and match it as best as possible ??? :D

Gibson has the color range on their site

same with fender

just see who made the guitar and if its a well known like gibson or fender and the like then the websites have color codes, and most copies of those guitars follow the same color codes

other then that just take it too home depot and in hte paint isle they have a wall full of paint samples and just compare

If it's a odd color, like the metallics, take it to an automotive paint store. They have a computer that analizes the color of the paint and can match almost any color. I haved matched a one off purple metallic that I had on a Volkswagen, and it was a perfect match. The only draw back is that can't get touch up sized cans.

Cool beans .. There are some ideas.....

Actually ..it's a Jackson with a dark dark metalic green color.... None that I've seen before... I was just wondering. I'm trying to dress up the trem route by changing the flat black color to something a bit more brite. If I screw it up while sanding.. I would like to have something close to the original color to touch it up. The nail polish route sounds pretty good.... The Home Depot route.. hmmm I always seem to have a hard time to find someone who at least works there .. let alone know something about paint!!!!. There are a few good auto paint suppliers around my area.... I might try that route too..... Thanks... for the ideas.... :D

If it's a odd color, like the metallics, take it to an automotive paint store. They have a computer that analizes the color of the paint and can match almost any color. I haved matched a one off purple metallic that I had on a Volkswagen, and it was a perfect match. The only draw back is that can't get touch up sized cans.

A lot of paint stores will match colors for you if you ask nicely enough.

BTW, Home Depot will color match for you. And if it's not exactly what you want, they'll take it back and do it over.