Buzz Feiten Tuning..my opinion!

Gang:

The subject has come up several times regarding Buzz Feiten Tuning or Earvana tuning & if such modifications make a difference

I was VERY sceptical, but I went ahead & got one of my "relicasters" modified to have the Feiten Tuning system

I have got to tell you...to my ears, this is AMAZINGLY better!!!

I play a lot of Beatles, Jellyfish, & Marvelous 3 stuff that uses a lot of Dom 7th chords & not your standard bare chord fare

For this style, the Feiten Tuning makes the chords sound STELLAR

I highly recomend getting it done

Just my 2 cents

Dave K

How it's done:

The nut is moved from it's standard position, and the intonation is adjusted differently, and you only tune "E-open to B-fretted at 5th fret" and so on.

I'm sure Buzz doesn't have a problem with a person adjusting their own guitars to the system, but I have a feeling he wouldn't be very appreciative if someone were to pass the info along, or starting to set other peoples guitars up.

You have to be a licensed installer/retrofitter for "The Buzz Feiten Tuning System", and I believe you have to pay a small royalty for each installation done.

Be careful, or you might have a lawsuit on your hands!

:D

Admittedly, it is a very simple procedure to install the Buzz Feiten tuning system.

As long as you have all the info needed (how to tune and intonate), I'm fairly certain that most of us here could do it.

But good ol' Buzz was smart enough to take out a PATENT on his findings, and that's were the problem comes in.

Yep, it's pretty hard to believe that you can't just move your nut (stop thinking nasty!) and adjust the tuning/intonation without having to pay someone a few bucks in royalties!

Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:D