RG Project

Not much progress this week I'm afraid, but I have sanded the areas I can reach with my belt sander. I've also at long last brought a drill press :D and as soon as my drum sander arrives from Craft Supplies (hopefully today) I can start sanding the hard to reach areas.

sanded_rear.JPG

sanded_rear2.JPG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Carrol drum sander today and started to sand the waist area, need to get a smaller one to get inside the top horn...ahh more money B):D

Couldn't resist putting the neck in place to see how the finished guitar will look :D

onchair.JPG

I brought the Charvel at the begining of this year, it's a Fusion Custom model and I payed £190 for it .For a 14 year guitar it's in great shape, very little fret wear and the best Schaller floyd I've come across you can dive bomb all day and it will stay in tune. But I'm afraid the spangly paint job is not my cup of tea so I'm painting it black :D

charvel1.JPG

charvel2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I've just about finished sanding the edge's, this week I need to route the control cavity, drill the holes for the bridge etc....oh and I've just brought another Alder/Maple blank to build something to go with the Kramer neck I've got :D proberly some sort of Superstrat type thing

Would You Sell the Charvel?

Sorry it's not for sale at the moment and if/when I do sell it a friend of mine has first refusal.

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time I updated this! :D I've just brought a Jackson Rhoads that needs stripping and painting so that's been taking up a lot of my free time lately.

The sanding of the edges is just about done and I drilled the holes for the string ferrules etc. I'm about to buy a router bit with a bearing so I'll wait until thats arrived before I route the rear control cavity as I'll only mess it up with the straight bit I'm currently using.

bodypups1.JPG

• 1 month later...
Question:

Why arst thou putting thy standard bridge in this guitar?

I wanted it to be different to an Ibanez, I didn't see the point of building an exact copy...not to mention it's easier for me as it's my first build...lol

Thanks american_jesus and Hyunsu :D