What Site for order instructions?

I like the Kotch book better but if you can afford it, I'd suggest buying both of them.

Neither of those books give much information on building a guitar with a floyd bridge (and locking nut). They are still valuable to have but you'll need more information if that's what you're planning on building. Amazon has the Kotch book and may have the Hiscock book also.

What type of guitar are you going to build?

yeppo, erlewine, but they do produce very simiar books!

I wouldn't say so. I haven't looked at them side by side but Hisocks is strictly building a guitar. It is very complete and very good. Erlwine's books are geared toward set-up and repairs but they are really valuable in building. For instance, I don't build necks (yet) and his stuff on truss rods, frets, cleaning and other neck stuff is great.

(BTW I only have Hisock's building book. Maybe he has stuff like Erlwine too.)

The print quality on the Koch book might be a bit sub-standard, but remember that it's a self-published book. I didn't find most of the Hiscock pictures to be particularly eye-popping, either; however, I found BOTH to be excellent books.

Greg

I have both books and I think Koch's book is better then that of Hiscock. It is more detailed and covers many subtle details you will encounter during building that Hiscock simply does not mention. Both books are very good though. If you can only afford one book, then I would go with the Koch book.