Glued-on vs. straight-through

I need your opinion for this:

Is it easier to make a glued-on or a straight-through neck?

If I use for example a maple neck glued on a mahogany body, and maple neck through a mahogany body, the sound of the two guitar will be too different from each other?

P.S. If my english is horrible it's because I'm italian.

Ahh, I seea. You froma Itallia. I don'ta thinka it'll make much differencea.

Sorry, I'll quit.

I don't think it'll make much difference in the sound, but with glueing, I think neck-through-body would give you more sustain though

it does make a difference in sound.the argument goes like this:with a neck thru you have more sustain and tone and better accessibility to the upper frets than with a set neck.having said that though,some people prefer the set neck(gibson fans).it really depends on personal taste and i don't really agree that a neck thru gives you more tone as much as it gives you a different tone.my opinion is i like em both but i lean a little towards neck thru.as far as which is easier i don't know because i have never made a neck,but it seems like a neck thru would be easier because you don't have to fit the neck to the body(that little neck tenon seems like a bitch to get right)but someone else would know better than me.

Couple of thoughts--if a through-neck gets damaged or fails then the guitar is probably toast, while if a glued-in neck can be removed (say, if the glue can be released by steaming) then you have a chance to replace the neck.

Personally, I'm not very experienced but I'm in the middle of a neck-through...seems to be going well so far.

i gotta put my 3 cents on this......cause ive been on both sides of the argument....my main line of guitars is neck through, but ive basically only played bolt ons my whole life.....basically if falls out like this.....die hard jackson fans think it has to be neck through for tone and sustain and quality......bolt on fans ALWAYS site that they like it because they can change the neck if it gets broken...both arguments are silly

ive been playing/building/ and just reaking havoc now on guitars for about 19 years.....and im talking some serious playing and wear and tear......ive only broke 2 necks......AND, in each case it was a bad glue joint on the headstock---builder error

point is this, i dont know anyone who is breaking necks so much that they need a bolt on.....besides, the neck is the main part of the feel of a guitar, why would you change it if it broke?

a properly built bolt on will sustain just as well as a neck through

i agree.i was using the argument i hear the most but on all my bolt ons have tremendous sustain(except my ibanez)because i took the neck off and cleaned out the neck pocket on all of them and i only use the hottest pickups i can find.but i must say i do hear a difference in sound between the two.i think wood choice has more effect on sustain than neck construction.

OK, it makes sense that one could rout out a pocket and replace a broken neck. And as somebody else mentioned, broken necks aren't all that common anyways.

My first home-built guitar has a bolt-on neck attached (with steel inserts and machine screws) to a whopping big center block of laminated purpleheart and bubinga, and it seems to have plenty of sustain.