Ernie Ball

daveq

except for bass strings the core is stainless steel while the winding is nickel (same with the wound egular strings) so it doesnt wear down the frets as much as the unwound strings. as for my oppinion, i use them, doesnt seem to be any problem with fret wear only broken strings. other then that i havent tried other electric strings, but i like them

• 4 weeks later...

They suck, I have found nickle sting to be the best choice, they offer long string life and don't hurt the frets, easier on the fingers if you have soft hands. I used lots of rotosound stainless on the bass and found only get two weeks of life out of them and they are done. Found D'Addario to be the best, guitar and bass strings.

They last long and are all good.

dont necro post please

What does that mean?

Necro means dead. I believe he means something along the lines of "Don't post in dead threads." I don't know how long a thread has to have gone without posts to be considered dead. This one was less than a month old.

I suppose we should just keep posting new threads on the same topics once the old ones get more than a few weeks old.