Pinholes!

Yeah, big pores. Just sealer? Can I still stai black and sand back?

yes...but be very light with the dye....

figured maple always has these pores...it is what makes the dye soak in deeper in some areas than others,creating the whole stain and sand back tecqnique

Yeah, big pores. Just sealer? Can I still stai black and sand back?

Just to avoid misunderstandings here:

You can ONLY apply the stain black sand back technique BEFORE sealing the pores.

The stain should go on the top before anything else.

P.s.: The contours of the guitar look still very rough and unrefined. The outside of the shape does not flow in one line.....it has still many edges and holes....I would correct that BEFORE finishing....

P.s.: The contours of the guitar look still very rough and unrefined. The outside of the shape does not flow in one line.....it has still many edges and holes....I would correct that BEFORE finishing....

Exactly what I was going to say. I'd have to assume that you're not actually ready for finishing yet though - is that correct Litch? The edges are one thing, the center line still looks like it needs to be scraped or sanded to remove the excess glue. I expect that you were just getting ahead of things a bit and trying to figure the pin hole issue out before getting back to that stuff?

Actually - I'm sure you were aware of those things. As for the pin holes - I can't see them either.