Ibanez deals

diver

What do you guys think about these deals?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/search...610715763579387

&

http://www.music123.com/item/?itemno=55981

I really want a JEM but if the RG570 is a better deal.. I might start with this route. However, I do have a 97' RG470. Would it just be best to upgrade everything and have Brian convert it to a JEM style for me?

Thanks

Upgrades are great but in the end after you've had all of the modifications done including a finish and possibly an inlay your going to end up paying more than if you just found a good used Jem in the first place.

That $699 deal isn't bad at all for a new guitar. You might want to check the classifieds here on Jemsite to start, of course there are plenty of other places as well.

In the end it all depends on your budjet......

i don't share your enthusiasm for jems but i was looking at an rg570 the other day and the workmanship is great(made in japan).you can tell alot about a guitar from the inside of the control cavities.only thing i noticed was the ground was cold soldered(they didn't get the trem claw hot enough to bond to).

Thanks for the comments. I'll probably look around a little more and maybe an even better price will come around. I can tell your an honest guy Brian. Wes, what guitar grabs your enthusiasm?

BTW Brian, do you sell trem bars for my RG470? It is a Japan made 470 from 97 with a regular TRS Trem Bridge.

interesting question diver,i love the playability of my sabre.the reason i am not crazy about jems is they don't have the look or feel i desire.i have a fernandez revolver pro which feels pretty good but i'm not crazy about the looks.i love the b.c.rich beast look,but the playability is not good.i am on a mission to build a beast type guitar,only lighter(lightweight korina body and neck)and more balanced.i have never played a guitar that i was totally happy with,which is why i got into building them.the closest i have come is my sabre but i don't like the wizard neck(too thin)or the harsh highs.i am really interested in korina guitars as they are supposed to be light and tonally great.i am trying to build a set of guitars which look mean,sound good,and are light and easy to play.i feel that guitar manufacturers are producing 24 fret instruments(which i like)and not modifying the body to create the balance i like.for example a 22 fret instruments upper horn will extend to the 12th fret but the same instrument with 24 frets will have the upper horn at the 14th fret.having said all that,i love the

esp jeff hanneman model

in a word,perfection.the only other guitar i will ever buy.gorgeous and playable.

the guitar guy at musicmakers can get me one for under 2 grand.just the hardware and wood to build one would cost me almost half that.not to mention the time and labor.but the guitar is top notch.notice the upper fret access and genuine kahler flatmount.(oh by the way i hate inverted headstocks,i restring my guitars so much that it's really important to me to not have to reach across the body to wind the strings and for some reason i hate speedwinders.how wierd is that?)

I like the one you say is "Pretty Cool" the best. I saw Michael Angelo playing one of these on a video and it looked and sounded great!:

http://www.traditionguitars.com/MA2.htm

Hey, while cleaning my RG470 today I removed the neck and found a marking on the base of the neck that said RG550R #2. Does this mean I have a Wizard neck from a 550 on my 470? That'd be great because I got this off ebay for $175.

Yeah, the neck pocket on the body says RG470 but the base of the neck itself says RG550R #2. Also, the guitar has a Lo-TRS bridge which was used on Japan made 470 back in 97'. The serial does start with "F" but if it came with a different body then I can assume the Lo-TRS tells me the body was also made in Japan. If this is a Wizard neck.. then I basically have a 570 except for the bridge. This could make the JEM conversion a little less expensive and worth it :D

if i had to guess i would say it might be a wizard 2 neck.the wizard is a little thinner than the 2 is.is the neck super thin or merely thinner than most.does it have a skunk stripe down the back?the wizard 2 is the superior neck because the wizard is so thin that unless you have hands like angus young(small)then the fatigue to your hands is too much.don't put too much stock into whether or not it's a wizard.more important is whether or not it feels good to you.but if it is a 97 550 neck then it's probably a wizard 2

All I know is that it's the thinnest neck I've played (I have a Squire Strat like Jehle's and a 87' Charvel Model 2). Actually, it feels perfect whatever it is.. so I guess that is what counts. I don't have a Trem Bar to really test the Lo-Trs on this thing but it will stay in tune for a week playing it as is. I'm kinda hoping to find out that it stays in tune when I use the bar too! :D

Guest AlexVDL
they all stay in tune if ya don't use em.the difference comes when your a dive bomb nut like me or alex.(don't be modest alex you know you are)

Yeah I like to do some divebombs... or pick up my guitar by the tremolo handle while playing (see steve vai in Crossroads :D)

B):D:D

that is a great tecnique which i have never thought of.i guess that's my fault for not being a steve vai fan.he's a great guitarist(obviously)but i don't like his style as much as satriani or eric johnson.on an unrelated note,that made me think of stevie ray vaughn and i am wondering if you have ever heard of him where you are from.he gets alot of play around austin but i am curious if he is known in other countries such as yours.

Guest AlexVDL

Who, Eric Johnson or Stevie Ray Vaughan? Well Stevie doesn't play here anymore the last couple of years B)

But I have heard both, and they are great guitarists. I also don't like Vai that much, but he has some cool tricks. I like the PAW album the most, and for the love of god and blue powder are my favourites!

Vinnie Moore and Joe Satriani are my biggest inspirations. As is Carlos santana!

Recently I have been listening to the Hellecasters... wow man that's freaky cool country music!! :D

BTW I'm from the Netherlands... yeah I know, land of the tulips wooden shoes and gouda cheese :D

don't forget the lovelyand buxom young women milking cows in the countryside(ever watch national lampoon's european vacation?)seriously though i hear it's a great country.i must say i never thought of the netherlands as producing guitarists such as yourself,but i don't know that much,never having been outside of the u.s.